There’s little shortage of interesting people in the world to meet. Staying in touch with them however is more problematic for me. I don’t want to bug people or have them sigh … “oh there’s that Darling woman again!”
I know that follow up is key to building my business and helping others. So what is the difference between persistence and stalking? When is it too much? When do people forget about us because we’re out of sight out of mind?
Here are some thoughts and I welcome yours.
- Everyone in your database should hear from you at some point
- Be in touch with them 3-4 times a year
- Use Constant Contact, MailChimp or another email newsletter tool
- Be sure people can unsubscribe without hassle
- You’ll see what works and doesn’t by the response rate
- Offer VALUABLE information that is applicable to them
- Productivity tools